Major Duties and Responsibilities
Specific duties include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Receive and screen incoming telephone calls and visitors.
- Create and maintain listings and directories, such as telephone numbers.
- Sort, distribute, stamp, track and coordinate mail and faxes.
- Gather and distribute office supplies.
- Prepare binders.
- Gather and analyze data from files, handbooks, publications, and telephone calls.
- Copy, fax, scan, and print documents.
- Input staff members & witness travel authorizations & vouchers into the Agency’s travel system.
- Maintain a variety of file systems, including filing, storage and retrieving records, in an easy to use manner so that contents may be easily located.
- Enter data into automated information systems or spreadsheets, such as Excel or Access; may require the ability to learn new systems and applications, for example Delphi or Discoverer.
- Develop and proof materials and correspondence using Word, PowerPoint, Project or Outlook; review outgoing documents for accuracy, formatting, grammar and punctuation.
- Arrange meetings, appointments, calendars and conferences, which may include the ability to use Resource Scheduler in Outlook.
- Make travel arrangements, which may include the ability to use systems such as GovTrip.
- Manage time and attendance, which may include the ability to use systems such as STAR and webTA.
- Dress and appearance shall be professional.
- Attitude shall be courteous, alert and friendly.
- Maintain confidentiality of information.
- Contract employees shall work eight (8) hours per day excluding thirty (30) minutes for lunch, beginning at 8:00 am or as assigned by the COR, Monday through Friday, except on Federal holidays.
- Contract employees are strictly prohibited from acquiring goods and services on behalf of the Government.